With our excellent state-of-the-art technical facilities and equipment, we can offer you precise tests with the best possible efficiency. A selection of our special equipment, also for special tests, is shown here. Please feel free to contact us directly by phone or e-mail for your request.
Investigation of the thermal interaction between fluid and structure in light water reactors during fluid mixing and thermal fatigue of dissimilar welds. Operational pressure up to 75 bars and the temperature range between 20 °C and 280 °C at a maximum water mass flow rate of 0.4 kg/s are covered. The test loop is operated in cooperation with the Institute of Nuclear Technology and Energy Systems (IKE) University of Stuttgart
With our mobile vibration analyzer Rion VA-11 we can carry out on-site vibration measurement, frequency analysis and time data recording. This is especially suitable for fast determination of resonance frequencies and vibration levels of machines, components and buildings.
For our experimental modal analyses we use the electrodynamic shaker BD.5 developed by Wölfel Engineering. By use of this shaker, we can directly excite an investigated component or structure and determine relevant resonance frequencies.
We carry out complex multiphysics simulations with a large number of degrees of freedom on the computational cluster of the High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)
Zeiss Evo LS 15 scanning electron microscope with large sample chamber for surface examinations with high resolution and depth of focus (SE detector), contrast images with backscattered electrons (BSE detector). Energy dispersive X-ray detector (EDX) for chemical element analysis from carbon.
Bruker AXS Pioneer S4 (XRF) for quantitative and qualitative chemical element analysis of mineral building materials, pigments, corrosion products, etc.
Bruker AXS D8 with Cu- Ka- radiation (XRD) and Göbel mirror for qualitative and quantitative phase determination on crystalline materials We can measure powder preparations and small objects in situ. For quantitative analysis we use the Rietveld evaluation with Topas 5.
Bruker Tensor FT-IR spectroscope for the chemical analysis of organic molecular vibrations including ATR technique.
Leitz Orthoplan polarization microscope for the analysis of the mineralogical composition and microstructure of thin sections for geological raw materials, mainly natural stones and in building material microscopy (concrete, ASR). Furthermore we have stereo magnifiers, digital microscopes and fluorescence microscopes at our disposal.
- 881 Metrohm Compact IC and Dionex ICS 1500 ion chromatography for the quantitative determination of annealing and cation in aqueous solutions
- Gel permeation chromatography (GPC) for molecular size analysis
- Thin layer chromatography
Metrohm Mira DS, mobile Raman spectrometer for non-destructive in situ phase determination on natural stones and building materials: e.g. mapping of gypsum-containing building materials, characterization of different coating systems, differentiation between historical pigments and modern dyes. Determination of salts in natural stone and building materials in their original environment, also hydrate phases can be detected on the object.
Mobile near infrared spectrometer (NIR) Malvern Panalytical LabSpec 4 HiRes i for non-destructive phase analysis in natural stones and building materials. NIR spectroscopy is used to detect the harmonics. The necessary energies or frequencies are characteristic for the respective bonds, which makes it possible to identify materials, e.g. perform origin analysis of natural stones, mineral components, moisture content or type and concentration of salts.
Geotron ultrasonic transit time measuring system with probes for the measurement of P- and S- waves between 20 kHZ and 2.25 MHz in mineral building materials in transmission and reflection.
Measuring system for the detection of wire breaks in prestressed concrete structures.
Geophysical GSSI SIR-3000 and SIR-4000 radar systems with 1,5 and 2 GHz antennas for the localization of steel reinforcement and for the exploration of ground and wall structures.
Acoustic Control Systems ACS A1220 with shear wave array M2502 for the investigation of heterogeneous building materials.
The MPA University of Stuttgart has outdoor weathering test rigs in Stuttgart, Duisburg and on the island of Helgoland. The stands allow outdoor exposure to atmospheres of the corrosivity categories C2 to C3, C3 to C4 and C4 to C5. Furthermore, we operate a seawater test rig on the island of Helgoland, which simulates offshore conditions by means of test sites in the splash water zone, the alternating diving zone and the permanent diving zone.
Potential field meter Proceq Canin+ with rod and wheel electrodes for small and large area non-destructive measurement of corrosion potentials on reinforced concrete structures.
Concrete cover measuring instrument Proceq Profometer 650 AI for non-destructive determination of concrete cover, position of reinforcement and determination of bar diameters.
Automated climatic alternating test device with sulphur dioxide dosing VLM CCT with 400 litres volume for carrying out condensation water constant climate tests, condensation water alternating climate tests with ventilation and Kesternich tests.
Salt spray instrument VLM SAL 1000 for testing the corrosion resistance of materials or corrosion protection coating.
Automatic corrosion test instrument Erichsen Model 618 for carrying out climate change tests as well as salt spray and condensation water tests including freezing cycles.
Potentiostats PGU 20V-2A-E, PGU 100-PCR, PGU-MOD and POT.-GALV. K-100 from IPS-Jaissle for various electrochemical corrosion investigations.
Spectrophotometer Lange DR1900 for analysis of wastewater, drinking water, surface water or process water.
Measuring instrument for accelerated aging.
- EN 16733 propensity to undergo continuous smoldering
- Apparatuses for development of smoke under flaming and smoldering conditions
- Roof testing facility acc. to CEN/TS 1187 and DIN 4102-7
- Radiant panel testing for floorings acc. to DIN 4102-14 and EN ISO 9239-1
- Noncombustible furnace acc. to EN ISO 1182 and DIN 4102-1
- Laboratories for small burners-/small flame ignitability tests acc. to EN ISO 11925-2, DIN 4102-1, DIN 53438, motor vehicle test DIN 75200 and FMVSS 302
- Fire shaft acc. to DIN 4102-1, -15 and -16
- SBI-Laboratory for testing acc. to EN 13823
- Set-up for testing upholsteries acc. to DIN 66084, EN 1021 and DIN 54341
- Outdoor exposure stands acc. to DIN 4102-16
- Small test bed acc. to DIN 4102-8
- Wall furnace for horizontal components, 2,4 m x 8 m (load bearing capacity up to 500 kN)
- Ceiling furnace for vertical components, 3 m x 3 m (load bearing capacity up to 500 kN)
- Combined furnace for vertical and horizontal constructions, 4 m x 5 m
- Column testing furnace (load bearing capacity up to 3000kN)
- Set-up for testing smoke leakage rate acc. to DIN 18095 and DIN EN 1634-3
- Testing equipment for resistance to repeated opening and closing acc. to DIN 4102-18, DIN 18263, DIN EN 1154, DIN EN 1155, DIN EN 1158
Hier ist nichts dergleichen zu finden
- Friction stir welding machine
- Resistance pressure welding machines (spot and projection welding)
- Ultrasonic welding machines
- Gleeble – Machine for thermomechanical, physical microstructure simulation
- Test stands for contact and material resistance measurement
- Furnaces for heat treatment
- Test stand for the determination of contact and transition resistances
50 kN / 250 kN und 1 MN force calibration machine for calibration of force-proving instruments and 1 MN force calibration machine for calibration of force-proving instruments of class 00 at Nürnberg.
Here acceptance test on bearing components (sliding elements) corresponding to the requirements as specified in approvals and standards are carried out for qualifications and approvals. The MPA Universität Stuttgart developed the standardized testing method according EN 1337-2 for the sliding elements of structural bearings.
Static compression testing machine for testing bearings and bearing components under practical conditions up to forces of 6000 kN.
Surface testing device to determine all standard surfaces parameters by means of the profile method.
Tests on the dynamic slide system up to speeds of 50 km/h. It is used for testing restraint systems, child restraint systems, cargo securing devices, roof rack or vehicle interior equipment.
We operate a drop impact test for measuring of the shock absorbance for helmets and protectors.
- Alkali silicate laboratory for glass fibers
- Device for air void counting on the hardened concrete
- Electrochemical testing laboratory
- Cryogenic nitrogen adsorption (BET) analysis to determine pore structure
- Compression and tension creep test facility for concrete, masonry and insulation materials
- Measurement of the dynamic stiffness of impact sound insulation materials
- Flow resistance meter for thermal insulation materials
- Mercury intrusion porosimeter
- X-ray diffraction and X-ray fluorescence analysis of building materials
- Shear strength test facility for masonry
- Climate simulation chambers for ASR performance tests
- Thermal conductivity test facilities
- Test facility for hydrothermal test cycles according to ETAG 004
- Mobile testing device for impact protection walls in sports halls
- Mobile testing device for determining of safety against ball throwing
- Sports floor test facility according to DIN 18032-2 or DIN EN 14904 and IAAF
- Device for determining of court pace rate according to ITF
- High temperature furnace up to 1320 ° C with temperature control (volume 330l)
- Several X-ray tubes (up to 320 KV) combined with conventional and digital imaging techniques
- Several mobile ultrasonic devices for conventional testing
- Several mobile ultrasonic devices for tests with phased-array technology
- Devices for mobile ultrasonic wall thickness measuring
- Two wet benches for magnetic particle inspection with DC and AC fields
- Hand magnets and power generators for mobile magnetic particle inspection
- Test stations for penetrant testings
- 3M device for characterization of micromagnetic properties
- 12-channel acoustic emission testing device with preamplifiers and sensors
- Energy dispersive X-ray analysis EDX (in SEM and TEM)
- Scanning electron microscope JEOL JSM 6400
- Preparation equipment, i.a. a vibration polishing machine as well as a fully automatic electrolytic polishing and etching device for accurate specimen preparation
- Software packages Thermo-Calc and TC-PRISMA
- System for digital imaging, archiving and documentation (Imagic)
- Transmission electron microscope JEOL JEM 2010F
- Fully automatic hardness tester KB10 with testing scope HV 0,025-HV10
- Zeiss Auriga Crossbeam electron and ion beam microscope with electron backscattering (EBSD), focus ion beam (FIB) lift-out technique, scanning transmission electron microscope (STEM)